Achyuth Kumar (Achyuth Rao) is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Kannada cinema. Born and brought up in the town of Tiptur, in the district of Tumkur. He graduated in bachelor of commerce from the Kalpatharu First Grade College, which was then under the University of Bangalore. He is well known for his performances in the films, Sidlingu and Lucia & he has won 3 Filmfare Awards and 2 Karnataka State Film Awards, one each in Best Supporting Actor and Best Actor categories so far.2022 next release Fourwalls Kannada movie
Achyuth Kumar began training as an actor at Ninasam in the Shimoga district of Karnataka. Working in theatre during the time, he was chosen by Girish Kasaravalli to portray a pivotal role in his television soap Gruhabhanga in 2000. In Moodala Mane, he played a supportive colleague to the daughter of the protagonist. In Preethi Illada Mele, he played the eldest son of a judge (played by Anant Nag).
Kumar's career in films began in 2007 when he signed to play the father of the female lead in Moggina Manasu and the gangster Oil Kumar in Aa Dinagalu, both Kannada films. He went on to gain a reputation as a character actor and appeared in around 12 films per year. He also appeared in a couple of Tamil films. However, it was in the 2013 film Lucia, that he received widespread appreciation. In the film, he played the role of Shankaranna, who owns a movie theater and the employer of Nikhil, the lead character of the film, played by Sathish Ninasam. The performance won him the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
In Hejjegalu (2013), Kumar played Kodanda, a gambling addict who squanders money taken on loan, being tried to reform by his young daughter. The performance won him the Karnataka State Film Award for Best Supporting Actor. He received praise for his portrayal of Shivappa, a scavenger in Amaraavati (2017). In Urvi (2017), based on the menace of child trafficking, he played Devarugunda, an influential man who kidnaps women, rapes them and forces them into prostitution. Archana Nathan of The Hindu wrote, "Achyuth Kumar performs well, but one wishes that his character had been given some more depth and background."
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2007||Aa Dinagalu||Oil Kumar|
|2009||Josh||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kannada|
|Naanu Nanna Kanasu||Brijesh Patel|
|Beli Mattu Hola|
|Johny Mera Naam Preethi Mera Kaam||Priya's father|
|Lifeu Ishtene||Vishal's father|
|Challenge||Soori||Trilingual film in Kannada, Malayalam, and Tamil|
|Hejjegalu||Kodanda||Karnataka State Film Award for Best Supporting Actor|
|Udhayam NH4||Politician||Tamil film|
|Lucia||Shankaranna||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kannada|
Nominated, SIIMA Award Best Actor in a Supporting Role
|Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga|
|Drishya||Surya Prakash||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor|
|Mr. and Mrs. Ramachari||Shankar||SIIMA Award Best Actor in a Supporting Role|
|Krishna-Leela||Krishna's father||Nominated, IIFA Utsavam Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role|
|Muddu Manase||Poorvi's father|
|Geetha Bangle Store|
|1st Rank Raju||Raju's father|
|Eetti||Nasoor Meeran||Tamil film|
|2016||Maduveya Mamatheya Kareyole||Chandrashekhar Patil|
|Rajini Murugan||Neelakandan||Tamil film|
|Nan Love Track|
|Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu||Shankarappa||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kannada|
|The Great Story of Sodabuddi|
|Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu||Kumar||Nominated, IIFA Utsavam Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role|
|Jaggu Dada||Uday Naik|
|Kotigobba 2||Subha's brother|
|Mudinja Ivana Pudi||Subhashree's brother||Tamil film|
|July 22, 1947|
|Naanu Mattu Varalakshmi|
|Mandya to Mumbai|
|Beautiful Manasugalu||Kodanda||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kannada|
|Amaraavati||Shivappa||Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor|
|Abbara||Mytri Wines Owner|
|Vikram Vedha||SP Surendhar||Tamil film|
|2018||Raju Kannada Medium|
|Johnny Johnny Yes Papa||Priya's father|
|Thayige Thakka Maga|
|K.G.F: Chapter 1||Guru Pandian||Nominated—SIIMA Award or Best Supporting Actor – Kannada|
|2019||Natasaarvabhowma||Ghanashyam Yadav's guru|
|Kavaludaari||Kumar / Bablu|
|Londonalli Lambodhara||Lambodhara's father|
|Adithya Varma||Meera's father||Tamil film|
|ACT 1978||Home Minister|
|Bheemasena Nalamaharaja||Varadarajan Iyengar||Amazon Prime Video film|
|Soorarai Pottru||Anantha Narayanan||Tamil film on Amazon Prime Video|
|[email protected]||Malavika's Father|
|Love You Rachchu||Achyuth|
|Family Pack||Abhi's father|||
|K.G.F: Chapter 2||Guru Pandian|
- "Achyuta Kumar: I am happy to be a part of Lucia". Rediff. 11 September 2013. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "The navarasas of a single role". The Hindu. 20 October 2016. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Filmfare Awards: Prem, Amulya get Best Actor awards". The Times of India. 13 July 2014. Archived from the original on 16 July 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Hejjegalu Movie Review". The Times of India. 14 May 2016. Archived from the original on 5 April 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "'Maagiya Kala' is best film; Ramya, Puneeth best actors". The Hindu. 26 October 2013. Archived from the original on 28 October 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Amaravathi on stark realities, Achyuth Kumar strikes". indiaglitz.com. 2 February 2017. Archived from the original on 5 April 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Suresh, Sunayana (10 February 2017). "Amaravathi Movie Review". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 13 February 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Nathan, Archana (17 March 2017). "'Urvi' review: Ample rage but not enough strength". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Soorarai Pottru to skip theatrical release, will have its digital premiere on October 30". India Today. 22 August 2020. Archived from the original on 23 August 2020. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
- DNA Movie: Showtimes, Review, Trailer, Posters, News & Videos | eTimes, retrieved 6 February 2022
- "Fourwalls to evoke 1980's feeling - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2022.