|Born:||April 7, 1978|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||295 lb (134 kg)|
|High school:||Tallahassee (FL) Godby|
|As a player:|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|As a coach:|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com · PFR|
Sheddrick Tobias "Buck" Gurley (born April 7, 1978) is a former American football defensive tackle. Gurley played college football for Florida. He played professionally in the NFL for the Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers and was part of the 2002 Buccaneers team that won Super Bowl XXXVII.
Gurley was born in Quincy, Florida in 1978. He attended Amos P. Godby High School in Tallahassee, Florida, and he played high school football for the Godby Cougars. Gurley was considered one of the nation's top defensive line prospects, and was recognized as a consensus high school All-American, including first-team All-American honors from USA Today, in 1995.
Gurley accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football team from 1997 to 2000. As a redshirt senior in 2000, he was a member of the Gators' 2000 SEC Championship team. Gurley graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in health and human performance in 2001.
Gurley was not selected during the 2001 NFL Draft, and he signed with the Miami Dolphins as a free agent after the draft in April 2001. He was cut from the Dolphins after the preseason and later was signed to the Chicago Bears practice squad for several days during the regular season. He signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on March 7, 2002. He played in eight games during the Buccaneers' Super Bowl XXXVII championship season.
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- History of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Buck Gurley Archived November 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2000 Roster, Buck Gurley Archived September 2, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 85, 98, 181 (2011). Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- "Two for the Defense". Tampa Bay Buccaneers. March 7, 2002. Archived from the original on February 2, 2003. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- "Buck Gurley". NFL. Archived from the original on July 21, 2006. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.