|Initial release||May 2, 2012（126.96.36.1996）|
|Operating system||Windows 7、Android4.0、iOS 5.0|
|Available in||Simplified Chinese|
CM Browser (
On September 21, 2014, Jinshan was ordered to pay
In November 2018, the Shanghai Consumer Protection Committee commissioned an evaluation of the application permissions of 18 popular mobile apps, including CM Browser. The study found that CM Browser requested sensitive phone- and SMS-related permissions that allowed the browser to monitor the phone's outbound calls. A representative for CM Browser responded that the browser needed to determine whether a phone call is active in order to prevent interference when the browser is playing audio. The representative indicated that CM Browser would be updated to address the privacy concerns.
In February 2020 all of Cheetah's applications have been pulled from the Play Store. Following that, the company had been accused of spying on its users based on a unofficial report published by Gabriel Cirlig, an unknown proclaimed security researcher. The report suggestively conspired that CM Browser was sending encrypted data to its Chinese servers exfiltrating the URLs visited by all its users and selling them to various third parties.
Ban in India
In June 2020, the Government of India banned CM Browser along with 58 other Chinese origin apps, citing data and privacy concerns. The border tensions in 2020 between India and China might have also played a role in the ban.
- 360 Secure Browser
- QQ browser
- 不装杀软也安全：猎豹浏览器独有的十大安全优势-科技频道-和讯网 [Safe without security: the top ten security advantages of the Cheetah browser]. tech.hexun.com (in Chinese (China)). 2012-05-18. Archived from the original on 2014-07-26. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "【79核】猎豹安全浏览器8.0论坛版 它来了！" [[79 Core] Cheetah Safe Browser 8.0 Forum Edition is here!]. Kingsoft Internet Security Anti-Virus Forum (in Chinese). 2021-08-12. Retrieved 2021-11-20.
- "CM Browser - Ad Blocker, Fast Download, Privacy". Google Play Store. 2019-06-05. Retrieved 2019-08-10.
- (in Chinese)Cheetah safe browsing organ network promotion
- 【Cheetah mobile version is coming! !】(in Chinese)
- 胡晓; 陈健. 猎豹浏览器过滤优酷广告案终审判决：前者被罚30万元 [Cheetah browser filter Youku advertising case final judgment: the former was fined 300,000 yuan]. People's Daily (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- 猎豹浏览器能监听外拨电话？沪消保委：应用评测显示个人信息遭泄露 [Can the Cheetah browser monitor outbound calls? Shanghai Consumer Protection Committee: application evaluation shows that personal information has been leaked]. Xinmin Evening News (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- "Warning: An Android Security App With 1 Billion Downloads Is Recording Users' Web Browsing". Forbes. March 3, 2020.But the research, carried out by Gabi Cirlig, a researcher at cybersecurity company White Ops, comes after previous allegations of potential privacy issues with Cheetah’s apps.
- "India bans 59 Chinese apps including TikTok, Helo, WeChat". The Economic Times. July 3, 2020.
- "Full list of 59 Chinese apps banned by Indian govt". ThePrint. June 29, 2020.