COVID-19 vaccination in Turkey
|Date||14 January 2021 (2021-01-14) – present|
|Target||Full immunisation of people in Turkey against COVID-19|
|Participants||53.024.115 people completely vaccinated (22 May 2022)|
The COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Turkey began on 14 January 2021. As of 2 April 2022[update], 57.784.362 people have received their first dose, and 52.982.877 people have been fully vaccinated. Also, 27.648.857 people received their third dose.
The population of Turkey is approximately 83 million, meaning 63% of the population is fully vaccinated. In order to enter turkey you will need to have received 2 vaccinations and 1 booster jab. 
Effect of Vaccine
In January 2021, new COVID-19 cases in Turkey were at 12,203. Then, in April 2021, they rose to 40,806. However, due to the vaccine rollout, cases dropped to 5,288 in July 2021.
Public Perception of Vaccine
Through a study done on the population of Turkey's perception of the COVID-19 vaccine, it was shown that only 62.7% of participants had a positive perception of the vaccine. Specifically, people with previous experience with COVID-19, people with bachelors degrees or higher, and people with experience with influenza vaccines were more likely to have a positive perception of the COVID-19 vaccine. However, older people were more likely to have a negative perception of the vaccine.
Vaccines on order
New vaccination per day 7-day moving average
First dose Second dose
First dose Second dose
- "COVID-19 Aşisi Bilgilendirme Platformu" [COVID-19 Vaccine Information Platform]. Turkish Ministry of Health.
- "Turkey begins mass COVID-19 vaccination with Sinovac's jabs". Xinhua News Agency. 14 January 2021. Retrieved 1 July 2021.
- Ağbulut, Ümit (2022-01-01). "Forecasting of transportation-related energy demand and CO2 emissions in Turkey with different machine learning algorithms". Sustainable Production and Consumption. 29: 141–157. doi:10.1016/j.spc.2021.10.001. ISSN 2352-5509. S2CID 241144380.
- Atik, I. (2022). Performance comparison of regression learning methods: COVID-19 case prediction for turkey. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 7(1). https://kalaharijournals.com/resources/IJME_Vol7.1_640.pdf
- Sonmezer, M. C., Sahin, T. K., Erul, E., Ceylan, F. S., Harmurcu, M. Y., Morova, N., Al, I. R., & Unal, S. (2022, February 11). Knowledge, attitudes, and perception towards COVID-19 vaccination among the adult population: A cross-sectional study in Turkey. MDPI Open Access Journals. https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines10020278
- Tasdemir, Firat (2 April 2021). "1st doses of Pfizer-BioNTech jab administered in Turkey". Anadolu Agency.
- Aydogan, Merve (30 April 2021). "Turkey OKs emergency use of Sputnik-V vaccine". Anadolu Agency.
COVID-19 vaccination in Asia
COVID-19 vaccination in Europe
|States with limited|