|Cambrian Series 2|
|Time span formality||Formal|
|Lower boundary definition||Not formally defined|
|Lower boundary definition candidates||FAD of Trilobites|
|Lower boundary GSSP candidate section(s)||None|
|Upper boundary definition||FAD of Oryctocephalus indicus.|
|Upper boundary GSSP||Wuliu-Zengjiayan, Guizhou, China|
|Upper GSSP ratified||2018|
Cambrian Series 2 is the unnamed 2nd series of the
The International Commission on Stratigraphy has not named the 2nd series of the Cambrian yet. In part the new name will replace the older terms "Lower Cambrian" and "Early Cambrian". The nomenclature used in Siberia uses the term "Yakutian" for this series.
The 2nd series is currently subdivided by the
The beginning of the 2nd series of the Cambrian is marked by the appearance of
The end of the 2nd series of the Cambrian is marked by the first major biotic extinction of the
- "Chart/Time Scale". stratigraphy.org. International Commission on Stratigraphy.
- Zhao; et al. (June 2019). "Global Standard Stratotype-Section and Point (GSSP) for the conterminous base of the Miaolingian Series and Wuliuan Stage (Cambrian) at Balang, Jianhe, Guizhou, China" (PDF). Episodes. 42: 165–184. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- "GSSP Table - Paleozoic Era". Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "The 13th International Field Conference of the Cambrian Stage Subdivision Working Group" (PDF). Episodes. 31 (4): 440–441. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-11-05. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- . Retrieved 23 November 2012.