Chimelong Ocean Kingdom
|Operated by||Chimelong Group|
|General manager||Paul Yuen|
World Leading Ocean Theme Park
|Operating season||Year round|
|Attendance||10.83 million (2018 operating year)|
|Chimelong Ocean Kingdom|
|Zhūhǎi Chánglóng Hǎiyáng Wángguó|
|Jyutping||zyu1 hoi2 coeng4 lung4 hoi2 joeng4 wong4 gwok3|
Chimelong Ocean Kingdom is a theme park situated in
Among its attractions are a wide range of amusement rides and animal shows, as well as the world's largest oceanarium with a total of 48.75 million litres (12,880,000 US gal; 10,720,000 imp gal) of water. The theme park currently has five Guinness World Records under its name.
Rides and shows
|Parrot Coaster||Wing Coaster||Bolliger & Mabillard||Amazing Amazon||2014|
|Polar Explorer||Water Coaster||Mack Rides||Polar Horizon||2014|
|Walrus Splash||SuperSplash||Mack Rides||Walrus Mountain||2014|
|Penguin Coaster||Force Coaster||Zierer||Hero Island||2018|
|Jungle Coaster||Force Coaster||Zierer||Hero Island||2018|
|Dolphin Show||Animal show||Dolphin Theater||Dolphin Cove||2014|
|Sea Lion Show||Animal show||Sea Lion Theater||Mount Walrus||2014|
|Beluga Show||Animal show||Beluga Theater||Polar Horizon||2014|
|Ocean Resistance||Nighttime Spectacular||Hengqin Ocean||Hengqin Ocean||2017|
|Musical Fountain Spectacular||Fountain show||Hengqin Ocean||Hengqin Ocean||2015|
There are eight themed areas inside the park, each representing a part of the ocean.
- The entrance area with shops and an LED digital canopy that showcases the sea
- Battle of the Pirates – spinning tea cups with shooting water jets
- Dolphin Round Ride – spinner ride
- 5D Castle Theatre - Opened in 2015. The castle theatre features a 13-minute animated film called "Kaka's Great Adventure". The film is produced by Prana Studios with Kraftwerk Living Technologies (KLT) providing the hardware. The theatre has a 1,500-square-metre (16,000 sq ft) curved screen, a world record. The theatre took more than three years to plan and cost some ¥300 million (US$50 million) to build.
- Dolphin Island and Dolphin Theatre – spotted dolphin habitat
- Dolphin Conservation Center – Chinese white dolphinhabitat with viewing for guests both above and underwater
- Parrot Coaster – Bolliger & Mabillard winged coaster ride
- Journey to the Amazon – freshwater aquarium
- Deep Sea Odyssey – submarine ride that goes inside the aquarium
- Whale Shark Exhibit Aquarium – the tank itself contains 22.7 million litres (6,000,000 US gal; 5,000,000 imp gal) of water, making it the largest in the world, and it is home to whale sharks, manta rays, and many other species at the time of its opening.
- Polar Explorer– water roller coaster ride
- Beluga Experience and Beluga Theatre – beluga habitat
- Polar bear Village – Polar bear habitat
- Penguin World – Penguin habitat
- Bumper Smash – Bumper cars
- Games Arcade – game stalls
- Penguin Coaster
- Jungle Coaster
- Tower of Sea Monsters
- Otter's Den – Asian small-clawed otter habitat
- Stingray Encounter – Stingray touch pool
- Tide Pools – Touch tanks with small fish and other sea creatures
- Spirit of Adventure – pirate ship
- Walrus Splash – giant flume
- Walrus Island – walrus habitat
- Sea Lion Bay and Sea Lion Theatre – sea lion habitat
- Sea Bird Paradise – Home to seagulls.
- Shows, parades, and firework shows
Journey of Lights - Nighttime parade designed by Miziker Entertainment
Killer Whale Breeding Center
This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2023)
Opened in March 2017, the facility is home to nine
Two are named Nukka (F) and Tyson (M). Others' names have not been made official yet.
The resort has been served by the Zhuhai Changlong railway station on the Zhuhai–Zhuhai Airport intercity railway since 18 August,
Awards and records
In 2015, Chimelong Ocean Kingdom won the Thea Award for Outstanding Achievement over 169 international candidates, marking the first time the award was given to a Chinese theme park.
The ocean park holds the Guinness world record for being the largest aquarium in the world, it also had the largest aquarium window in the world according to the Guinness World Records, a single acrylic panel measuring 39.6 by 8.3 metres (130 by 27 ft).
The Journey of Lights parade won the 2018 Thea Award for outstanding achievement - live show.
Samuel Hung Ka-yiu, chairman of the Hong Kong Dolphin Conservation Society, said, "Ocean Kingdom seems to have imported everything." They are doing everything wrong. "They are doing everything you don't want them to do". Examples include polar bears confined in small areas demonstrating "repetitive pacing, swaying, head-bobbing or circling" and skin disorders in penguins kept in a sub-tropical environment.
Further criticism arises from a recent trade of
- Chimelong Paradise
- List of tourist attractions in China
- ^ a b c "TEA/AECOM 2018 Global Attractions Attendance Report Report" (PDF). Themed Entertainment Association. 2019. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 May 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- ^ a b Brady MacDonald (17 July 2013). "Huge Chinese theme-park project aims to be the 'Orlando of China'". Los Angeles Times.
- ^ a b "Hengqin ocean resort to open in 2013 29/11/2010". Macau Daily Times. 29 November 2010. Archived from the original on 2 December 2010.
- ^ "Hengqin: Chimelong Ocean Kingdom to open before CNY". Macau Daily Times. 13 January 2014. Archived from the original on 16 January 2014.
- ^ a b "China's Hengqin Ocean Kingdom confirmed as world's largest aquarium as attraction sets five world records". Guinness World Records. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- IAAPA. Archived from the originalon 5 March 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- ^ "Largest Aquarium Window". Guinness World Records. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- ^ Kleiman, Joe (11 November 2016). "Miziker Entertainment Brings Decades of Nighttime Parade Expertise to Chimelong Ocean Kingdom's Journey of Lights". InPark Magazine.
- ^ "Chimelong Ocean Kingdom wins 2014 Thea Award". Hengqin.gov.cn. Retrieved 5 August 2015.[permanent dead link]
- ^ "Thea Awards 2018". Themed Entertainment Association.
- ^ a b Simon Parry. "Could Zhuhai's new Ocean Kingdom create a market for imported killer whales?". Post Magazine. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- ^ "Zoochosis: Abnormal and Stereotypic Behaviour in Captive Animals". Born Free Foundation.
- ^ "Ocean Kingdom in China Could Become World Leader in Importing Killer Whales". Coaster-net. 5 March 2014. Archived from the original on 11 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- ^ "Message board". Russian Orcas Homepage. 13 October 2013.
- ^ "TEA/AECOM 2014 Global Attractions Attendance Report Report" (PDF). Themed Entertainment Association. 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.[dead link]
- ^ "TEA/AECOM 2015 Global Attractions Attendance Report Report" (PDF). Themed Entertainment Association. 2016. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- ^ "TEA/AECOM 2016 Theme Index and Museum Index: The Global Attractions Attendance Report" (PDF). TEA (Themed Entertainment Association). 2017.
- ^ "TEA/AECOM 2017 Theme Index and Museum Index: The Global Attractions Attendance Report" (PDF). TEA (Themed Entertainment Association). 2018. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 June 2017.
- Official website
- Photos: Chimelong's Ocean Kingdom theme park in China Los Angeles Times.
- Coaster Forum Review
Coordinates: 22°06′00″N 113°31′48″E / 22.1001°N 113.5300°E