Dans la ville endormie
|"Dans la ville endormie"|
|Song by Dalida|
"Dans la ville endormie" ("In the sleeping city") is a French language song recorded by singer Dalida, first released on EP during summer of 1968. It is the product of Dalida's collaboration with composer William Sheller with whom she worked on Le temps des fleurs, her album released later that year. English language cover "My year is a day" by Les Irrésistibles achieved success several months later.
"Dans la ville endormie" was composed specially for Dalida by William Sheller, then young and still not known composer, alongside another song "Je me repose" which was released later the same year. Lyrics were written by Claude Lemesle. Released on B-side of an EP, Dalida focused on performing the song at concerts, avoiding all broadcast promotion except for one TV rendition. It was soon picked up by French-American boy band Les Irrésistibles who covered it in English. It became their debut single and remained only success.
Following the announcement in 2020 that the song would be in film, "Dans la ville endormie" was reissued as a 10" vinyl single and a new compilation album Les Belles Chansons Ne Meurent Jamais... followed. Also an official clip was made in the style of James Bond credits.
- "Dalida - Pars". Discogs. Retrieved 2021-09-19.
- "Une chanson de Dalida dans le prochain James Bond". France Bleu (in French). 2020-11-18. Retrieved 2021-09-19.
- "Orlando : «Dalida aurait été très fière d'entendre l'une de ses chansons dans un James Bond»". LEFIGARO (in French). Retrieved 2021-09-28.
- "Dalida - Dans La Ville Endormie - Les Belles Chansons Ne Meurent Jamais..." Discogs. Retrieved 2021-09-19.
- ""Mourir peut attendre": une chanson de Dalida dans le prochain "James Bond"". BFMTV (in French). Retrieved 2021-09-28.
- L'argus Dalida: Discographie mondiale et cotations, by Daniel Lesueur, Éditions Alternatives, 2004. ISBN 2-86227-428-3 and ISBN 978-2-86227-428-7. (in French)
- Dalida Official Website "Discography" section