Davy was born and raised in Venice, CA. With a background in photography, painting and drawing, Davy moved to Brooklyn, New York to attend Pratt Institute. She graduated with a BFA in photography in 2010.
In 2012, Davy started her makeup career by taking a crash course in special effects and beauty makeup with established film industry makeup department head, Jane Galli.
After answering numerous makeup ads on Craigslist, Davy began practicing her craft by working with film students in Los Angeles. These early days working on student films led her to eventually land her first narrative feature film job, Kicks, as the makeup department head. Davy would then work on 2017 Best Picture Oscar award winner Moonlight, as well as Under the Silver Lake, If Beale Street Could Talk, and Euphoria.
Davy lives in east Los Angeles with her husband.
- Valenti, Lauren. "How Euphoria's Lead Makeup Artist Sparked a Gen Z Beauty Movement". Vogue.
- "Doniella Davy, makeup artist from Moonlight and euphoria". thecnnekt.
- "Iconic Euphoria MUA Doniella Davy Reveals Her Creative Makeup Tips". hudabeauty.com.
- Grobar, Matt (24 August 2020). "With 'Euphoria,' Makeup Department Head Doniella Davy Spotlights Gen Z Boldness & "Practice Of Makeup As Self-Expression" — Production Value Video Series".
- "Euphoria". Television Academy.