|Country of origin||India|
|Headquarters location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Palki Sharma Upadhyay|
Firstpost is an Indian news website owned by Reliance Industries, which also runs CNN-News18 and CNBC-TV18.
The Network 18 group was originally owned by Raghav Bahl. In January 2012, the group received an investment from Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries through a rights issue of up to ₹2,700 crore.
In May 2013, the news group was merged with the Indian edition of
As of April 2020, Jaideep Giridhar is the executive editor of Firstpost in Mumbai, while Sanjay Singh is the deputy executive editor.
On 26 January 2023, the prime-time show Vantage was launched, hosted by managing editor Palki Sharma, formerly of WION.
- ^ "Reliance enters media by opening purse strings for Network18". The Indian Express. 4 January 2012. Archived from the original on 12 January 2014. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- ^ Menon, Meena (9 June 2013). "'Forbes India' editors sacked for demanding stock ownership". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 6 January 2014. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Rediff. Archivedfrom the original on 11 January 2014. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- ^ Aravind, Indulekha (16 November 2013). "No country for good journalists?". Business Standard. Archived from the original on 26 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- ^ "Firstpost buys current affairs satire portal FakingNews.com". Hindustan Times. 31 May 2013. Archived from the original on 7 February 2020. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- ^ "About Firstpost - Firstpost". Firstpost. Archived from the original on 31 August 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Free Press Journal. Retrieved 13 February 2023.