|Political party||Moderate Party|
Anna Gunilla Carlsson is a
Carlsson was born and raised in
Member of the European Parliament, 1995-2002
After working as an
Career in national politics
With the growing co-operation between the Swedish opposition parties, Carlsson was appointed to head the group co-ordinating
In her capacity as minister, Carlsson also chaired the Stockholm-based Commission on Climate Change and Development (CCCD), a body made up of 13 international experts and established by the Swedish government in 2007 with the aim of looking at how countries can adapt to climate change. In its final report, the commission recommended in 2009 that poor countries already suffering from the impact of climate change urgently need up to $2 billion to help adjust and cope.
In September 2009, Carlsson led, together with
Career in international development
In her final year as minister from 2012 until 2013, Carlsson served – alongside
Following her resignation, Carlsson served alongside
On 29 June 2023, the Government of Sweden appointed Carlsson as the new Chair of the Governing Board of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). She formally took up the position on 1 July 2023. 
- Tundra Fonder, Member of the Board of Directors (since 2017)
- Annexin Pharmaceuticals, Member of the Board of Directors
- NGS Group AB, Independent Member of the Board of Directors (since 2015)
- IFS AB, Independent Member of the Board of Directors (2015-2016)
- Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES), Member of the Board (2017-2019)
- Africa Europe Foundation (AEF), Member of the High-Level Group of Personalities on Africa-Europe Relations (since 2020), co-chair of the Strategy Group on Health
- United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC), Member of the Board of Governors (since 2017)
- European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), Member
- GAVI Alliance, Member of the Board and of the Governance Committee
- Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Non-voting Member of the Board
- Center for Global Development, Member of the European Advisory Group
- Allmänna val 17 september 2006 - Östergötland, Swedish election authority
- The World Bank Group Advisory Council on Women’s Economic Empowerment World Bank Group, Gender Equality as Smart Economics newsletter, March 2008.
- Megan Davies (May 14, 2009), Poorest need funds to combat climate change: report Reuters.
- "Tentative thaw in EU-Zimbabwe ties" Andrew Harding, BBC News, Harare
- "Mugabe hails landmark EU meeting", BBC News (Africa). Has links to other sites
- Gunilla Carlsson leaves the cabinet
- Carlsson resigns her seats in the Riksdag
- African Development Bank appoints three High-Level Advisors on Fragility African Development Bank, press release of December 2, 2015.
- Press release: Gunilla Carlsson and Cecilia Seddigh elected to Tundra’s Board Tundra Fonder, press release of May 17, 2017.
- Board of Directors Annexin Pharmaceuticals.
- High-Level Group of Personalities on Africa-Europe Relations Africa Europe Foundation (AEF).
- Board of Governors Archived 2021-12-18 at the Wayback Machine United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC).
- Members European Council on Foreign Relations.
- Members of the Board Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- European Advisory Group Center for Global Development