|Member of the National Assembly|
for Pas-de-Calais's 3rd constituency
21 June 2017 – 6 January 2022
|Preceded by||Guy Delcourt|
|Succeeded by||Emmanuel Blairy|
|Born||17 July 1945|
|Died||7 January 2022(aged 76)|
|Political party||Debout la France (2020–2022)|
|National Front (2013–2017)|
The Patriots (2017–2020)
José Évrard (17 July 1945 – 7 January 2022) was a French politician serving as the member of the National Assembly for the 3rd constituency of Pas-de-Calais since 2017. He was a member of the National Front (FN) until 2017, when he joined The Patriots (LP), which he left in 2020 to become a member of Debout la France (DLF).
Life and career
In the 2017 legislative election, Évrard was elected to the National Assembly in the 3rd constituency of Pas-de-Calais. He joined Florian Philippot's The Patriots later that year, dissatisfied with Marine Le Pen's softened Eurosceptic stance. In 2020, he joined Nicolas Dupont-Aignan's Debout la France; he was subsequently chosen to lead the party's list in the 2021 regional election in Hauts-de-France. The list placed sixth in the first round of voting, thus failing to qualify for the second round.
- "Pas-de-Calais - 3e circonscription : Résultats des législatives".
- "José Evrard quitte le Front national pour rejoindre Les Patriotes", Le Monde (in French), 27 November 2017.
- "Régionales 2021 Hauts-de-France : José Evrard, d’abord La France", France 3 Hauts-de-France (in French), 26 March 2021.
- "EN DIRECT - Covid-19 : Des masques chirurgicaux distribués «à la mi-janvier» dans les écoles". Libération.
- "EN Vaccine-Sceptic French Lawmaker Dies After Contracting COVID-19". ndtv.