Ministry of Defence (Sweden)
|Formed||1 July 1920|
|Headquarters||Jakobsgatan 9, Stockholm|
The Ministry of Defence (
The Ministry of Defence has existed in its present form since 1 July 1920. It has been located at its present premises at Jakobsgatan 9 at Gustaf Adolfs torg, Stockholm, since 1966. The ministry has a staff of 131 (2020): political advisers, officials, assistants, clerical officers, military advisers in military issues, etc. The ministry is headed by the Minister of Defence, currently Pål Jonson (M).
The Ministry of Defence is principal for the following government agencies:
- Swedish Armed Forces (Försvarsmakten)
- Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (Försvarets materielverk)
- Swedish Defence Conscription and Assessment Agency (Totalförsvarets plikt- och prövningsverk)
- Swedish National Defence Radio Establishment (Försvarets radioanstalt)
- Swedish Defence Research Agency (Totalförsvarets forskningsinstitut)
- Foreign Intelligence Inspectorate (Statens inspektion för försvarsunderrättelseverksamheten)
- Foreign Intelligence Court (Försvarsunderrättelsedomstolen)
Areas of responsibility
- The military defence
- International operations
- Emergency preparedness
- ^ a b "Regeringskansliets anställda" [Employees of the Government Offices of Sweden] (in Swedish). Government Offices of Sweden. Retrieved 29 December 2021.
- ^ "Kungl. Maj:ts proposition till riksdagen angående undrad organisation av statsdepariementen: given Stockholms slott den 7 januari 1920" (in Swedish). Stockholm: Riksdag. 7 January 1920. Retrieved 29 December 2021.
- Official website (in English)
Coordinates: 59°19′48.8″N 18°04′05.42″E / 59.330222°N 18.0681722°E