Ministry of Infrastructure (Sweden)
|Formed||April 1, 2019|
The Ministry of Infrastructure (Swedish: Infrastrukturdepartementet) is a ministry within the government of Sweden responsible for matters regarding transport and infrastructure, digitization, mail and energy.
The ministry will be joint with
Minister for Rural Affairs Peter Kullgren (KD) is the head of the Ministry of Infrastructure. The Minister for Infrastructure and Housing Andreas Carlson (KD) is also located here.
The Ministry of Infrastructure was formed on April 1, 2019 and took over some responsibilities previously handled by the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of the Environment.
The Ministry of Infrastructure is the successor to the Ministry of Communication, which was abolished on 31 December 1998.
The Ministry of Infrastructure holds ministerial responsibility for the following government agencies:
- Authority for Digital Management
- Civil Aviation Administration
- Electrical Safety Authority
- Energy Market Inspectorate
- National Road and Transport Research Institute
- Oil Crisis Board
- State Energy Authority
- Svenska kraftnät
- Swedish Maritime Administration
- Swedish Post and Telecom Authority
- Swedish Transport Administration
- Swedish Transport Agency