The ministry was merged into the
The ministry was founded in 1987 as the Ministry of the Environment and Energy (
From 1 January 2005,
Following the election of the
- "Miljödepartementet". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Archived from the original on April 18, 2013. Retrieved 13 November 2010.(subscription required)
- "Nya regeringen lägger ner miljödepartementet". DN.SE (in Swedish). 2022-10-18. Retrieved 2022-10-19.
- "Ministry of Rural Affairs and Infrastructure". Regeringen och Regeringskansliet. 2023-07-07. Retrieved 2023-07-17.
- Offerman, Catrin (12 January 2005). "Miljödepartementet nedlagt" [Ministry of the Environment abolished]. miljo-utveckling.se (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 18 October 2022. Retrieved 2023-05-19.
- Sahlin, Mona (20 April 2005). "Sweden (Part 2) | Department of Economic and Social Affairs". sdgs.un.org. United Nations Commission for Sustainable Development. Archived from the original on 19 March 2021. Retrieved 2023-05-19.
[...] a Ministry of Sustainable Development was formed earlier this year. The tasks of the previous Ministry of the Environment have been merged with new areas of responsibility such as energy, emissions trading, construction, planning and housing.