Prefecture Apostolic of Xinjiang
Diocese of Xinjiang
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Xinjiang|
On May 25, 1936, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Xinjiang (Jiangzhou) was established by a decree of Pope Pius XI.
- Quintinus Pessers OFM (1936-1983), expelled from the Communist China in 1954, did not have real power after that time in the diocese.
- Bishop Augustine Zheng Shouduo (1982/3-2006)
- Bishop Josaphat Li Hongguang (2006)
- Bishop Peter Wu Junwei (2009–2022)
- Giga-Catholic Information
- Catholic Hierarchy in China since 1307
- Bulla Ad Christi Evangelium, AAS 28