This article's lead section contains information that is not included elsewhere in the article. (March 2022)
|Original author(s)||Florian Bruhin ("the Compiler")|
|Initial release||December 14, 2014|
3.0.0 / 18 August 2023
|Operating system||Linux, Windows, macOS, FreeBSD, OpenBSD|
|Available in||1 languages|
List of languages
qutebrowser (pronounced "cute browser"
As in Vim and vi, the browser has a command mode and an insert mode. In command mode key bindings can be used to perform functions, for example: 'G' to go to the bottom of a page, and 'gg' to the top. Specific commands can also be bound to keys or key-sequences by the user. A cheat sheet of all key bindings can be found here and they can be trained here.
qutebrowser is both written in and configured in Python. Through the configuration file custom functionality can be added, including custom key bindings, per-site settings, and arbitrary Python code that can interact with your browser or your system.
Since version 2.0.0, qutebrowser supports blocking ads using the python adblock library. For users that don't have the adblock library installed or use an older version of qutebrowser, a simpler built-in adblocker can be used and modified using the blocked-hosts file that comes with qutebrowser.
In July 2018, it was found that all versions of qutebrowser prior to 1.4.1 have a
- layout engine that the application uses by default, based on Chromium
- layout enginethat the application can optionally use instead of WebEngine
- List of web browsers
- uzbl – another minimalist web browser with similar concept
- Minimalism (computing)
- "»CH Open Source Awards 2016« vergeben". Pro-Linux. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Release qutebrowser v0.1 · qutebrowser/qutebrowser". Retrieved 27 November 2017 – via GitHub.
- "Release 3.0.0". 18 August 2023. Retrieved 19 August 2023.
- "Installing qutebrowser | qutebrowser". qutebrowser.org. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "Internationalization #31". GitHub. GitHub. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "Qutebrowser: браузер для поклонников vim". PCWeek Russia (in Russian). Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "FAQ". qutebrowser.org.
- "qutebrowser – ArchWiki". archlinux.org. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Configuring Qutebrowser". qutebrowser. Retrieved 20 January 2022.
- "Frequently asked questions | qutebrowser". qutebrowser.org. Retrieved 2022-10-22.
- "CVE-2018-10895". Mitre Corporation. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- Bruhin, Florian (11 July 2018). "CVE-2018-10895: Remote code execution due to CSRF in qutebrowser". qutebrowser-announce (Mailing list). Archived from the original on 9 November 2020. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "Qt WebEngine Overview". Qt Project. Retrieved 2020-12-05.
- Official website
- qutebrowser on GitHub
- qutebrowser on Python Package Index
- qutebrowser Archived 2020-08-06 at the Wayback Machine on Arch Linux
- qutebrowser on Chocolatey