Remember the Daze
|Remember the Daze|
|Written by||Jess Manafort|
|Produced by||Jess Manafort|
First Look International
Remember the Daze, originally titled The Beautiful Ordinary, is a 2007 drama film released in theaters in April 2008.
The film was selected as one of the eight films competing in the Narrative Competition at the 2007
In February 2008, the movie's title was changed from The Beautiful Ordinary. It was released in two theaters in LA, one in New York and one in Washington, D.C. on April 11, 2008 and was released on DVD on June 3, 2008. The movie was filmed primarily in Wilmington, North Carolina during May 2006.
On the last day of school in 1999 several suburban teenagers decide to get high and party. Julia Ford (Amber Heard) feels frustrated because her boyfriend has failed his final year of school and must repeat it. Unsure whether or not to stay with him she decides to try to hook up with her friend Stacey Cherry's (Marnette Patterson) abusive boyfriend hoping that by sleeping with him Stacey will finally leave her boyfriend and Julia will figure out whether or not she wants to stay with her own boyfriend.
After her friends tease her about never having a boyfriend Brianne (Melonie Diaz) begins to openly flirt with drug dealer Mod. This incites Dawn's anger since, unbeknownst to the rest of their friends, Brianne and Dawn are secretly dating.
Tori (Leighton Meester) plans to take mushrooms with her best friend Sylvia but wants to delay it until after she is done babysitting. When Sylvia takes the mushrooms when they are in charge of the kids Tori decides to join her and the two end up shirking their babysitting duties.
Everyone convenes on the football field where a fight breaks out. Julia does not have sex with Stacey's boyfriend as he leaves her mid-make out. Stacey has sex with Riley, who had been desperate to lose his virginity, finally using the fact that she cheated on her boyfriend as an excuse to break up with him. Despite Dawn's willingness to go public with their relationship Brianne insists that they stay closeted.
In the morning Thomas, a shy photographer hanging out on the fringes of the group, develops photographs of the events of the previous day.
- Amber Heard as Julia Ford
- Melonie Diaz as Brianne
- Marnette Patterson as Stacey Cherry
- Alexa Vegaas Holly
- Leighton Meester as Tori
- Wesley Jonathan as Biz
- Aaron Himelstein as Riley
- Chris Marquette as Felix
- John Robinson as Bailey
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Dawn
- Sean Marquette as Mod
- Khleo Thomas as Dylan
- Shahine Ezell as Eddie
- Katrina Begin as Sylvia
- Charles Chen as Thomas
- Caroline Dollar as Kiki
- Max Hoffman as Zack
- Sunny Doench as Mrs. Turner
- Moira Kelly as Mrs. Ford
- Brie Larson as Angie Ford
- Douglas Smith as Pete
- Stella Maeve as Lighty
- Michael Welch as Stephen
- Robert X. Golphin as Boy #2
- Neil Strickland as Extra
On Rotten Tomatoes it has a score of 0% based on reviews from 6 critics. On Metacritic it had an average score of 36 out of 100, based on reviews from 6 critics.
Peter Debruge of
- ^ "Remember the Daze". Freestylereleasing.com. 11 April 2008. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "Remember the Daze". IMDb.com. 1 June 2007. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "The Beautiful Ordinary - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies". 11 March 2007. Archived from the original on 11 March 2007.
- ^ "2007 Festival Line-Up". Los Angeles Film Festival. Archived from the original on 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- ^ "Coming Soon page". Thebeautifulordinary.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "Remember the Daze (2008): Reviews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2022-02-22.
- ^ "Remember the Daze (2008): Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2022-02-22.
- ^ Debruge, Peter (2007-07-05). "Remember the Daze". Variety. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- ^ Kern, Laura (11 April 2008). "Highs and Lows". The New York Times.