|Picture format||16:9 (1080i, HDTV)|
16:9 (1080p50, HDTV) (only on terrestrial DVB-T2 test in Poland)
|Launched||24 October 1992 (trial)|
31 March 1993 (regularly)
|Former names||TV Polonia (1992-2003)|
|Digital terrestrial television (DVB-T2 Test)||Channel 84|
TVP Polonia (formerly known as TV Polonia) is the international channel of the Telewizja Polska (TVP). The channel is co-funded by the TVP and the Polish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and broadcasts from the TVP headquarters in Warsaw.
TVP Polonia is targeted at Polish-speaking audiences outside Poland, and it broadcasts many of the shows also broadcast by TVP's domestic channels in addition to news from Polonia/Polish communities around the world.
- Monika Jóźwik (1994-2009)
- Łukasz Kardas (TV presenter; 2011-)
TVP Polonia is available in many countries around the world via cable or satellite. It is also transmitted unencrypted from various satellites.
Broadcasting via Astra 19.2°E started in 2005, but was ceased on 31 December 2014 due to economic reasons.
The feeds of the network in the Americas were distributed by the Canadian company Spanski Enterprises, under a 25-year agreement that ran from 13 December 1994 to 14 December 2019. In 2016, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia found TVP guilty of copyright infringement, based on accusations by Spanski that TVP offered streaming episodes of its programmes without geoblocking on its domestic website—infringing the exclusive rights that had been licensed to Spanski and registered by them with the United States Copyright Office. The channel's feeds in the Americas ceased transmission on 14 December 2019.
On 9 December 2011 TVP Polonia was added to terrestrial MUX3 in Poland, then removed on 19 July 2016 to free up some space for TVP Info HD. On 4 September 2020 TVP Polonia HD was added to DVB-T2 test multiplex (also known as MUX5). Unlike satellite broadcast, it is broadcasting there in 1080p50 (on the satellite, it is in 1080i).
Logos and identities
First logo (1992–1997)
Second logo (1997–2003)
Third logo (2003–2020)
25th anniversary logo
- S.A, Telewizja Polska. "TVP Polonia w HD!". polonia.tvp.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- kingofsat. "Search Results for - KingOfSat". en.kingofsat.net.
- Spanski Enterprises, Inc. v. Telewizja Polska SA, vol. 222, December 2, 2016, p. 95, retrieved 2019-12-24
- Spanski Enterprises v. Telewizja Polska, Sa, vol. 883, December 7, 2017, p. 904, retrieved 2019-12-24
- "Polonia rozżalona po… stracie TV Polonia". usa.se.pl. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- "Nowy kanał zamiast TVP Polonia? Telewizja naziemna DVB-T". Telewizja Cyfrowa DVB-T w Polsce (in Polish). 2016-07-14. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- "Testowa emisja sygnału DVB-T2 w Krakowie i Katowicach [akt.]". SATKurier.pl. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- "DVBT DVBT2 Bitrate Monitoring TVP Polonia HD - MUX5 - DTT Poland Katowice". www.digitalbitrate.com. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- "DVBS DVBS2 DVBS2X Bitrate Monitoring TVP Polonia - 11075 V - Hot Bird 13East". www.digitalbitrate.com. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- "TVP Polonia returns to US TV screens". Broadband TV News. 17 July 2021. Retrieved 20 December 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TVP Polonia.|