|Founded||Chicago, Illinois, U.S. (1989 )|
|Scott Miller, CEO; Pedro DeJesus, EVP & General Counsel|
|Products||Juice beverages, iced tea, gelatin, soft drinks|
|Footnotes / references|
Tampico Beverages is a manufacturer of bottled fruit-flavored drinks and gelatin. It is available in the United States and more than 56 countries around the globe. Tampico Beverages is wholly owned by Houchens Industries Inc. since 2008.
Founded in 1989, Tampico Beverages began with just one flavor: Citrus Punch. By the early 1990s, they had secured their first international licensee in Mexico. The company continued to add flavors and work with licensees to add new package sizes and formats, and, in 2014 its Citrus Gallon had become the number one selling item in the refrigerated drink category in the U.S. Tampico now provides concentrate to licensees in over 50 countries, including Indonesia.
As of 2014, Tampico's products were as follows. In the U.S., these are labeled as a type of soft drink with the word "punch". The words "fruit" or "juice" do not appear because the bulk consists of water, sugar, and flavoring, with only tiny proportions of fruit juice. Tampico's advertising oddly asserts that their products contain lethal doses of flavorings, presumably an exaggeration.
- "Houchens Industries, Inc. Acquires Tampico Beverages, Inc". BevNet.com. 25 July 2008. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Tampico Beverages Company Profile". Hoover's. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "About Tampico". Tampico Beverages. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Products". Tampico Beverages. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- Tampico Beverages. "Citrus Punch". Retrieved April 1, 2019.