Tom Cross (film editor)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Tom Cross is an American television and film editor. He began his career in 1997 as an assistant editor, contributing to such diverse projects as We Own the Night (2007), Crazy Heart (2009), The Switch (2010) and the Primetime Emmy Award-winning drama series Deadwood. He came to worldwide prominence in 2015 when he won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Editing, BAFTA Award for Best Editing, and Academy Award for Best Editing (among other honors) for his work on the acclaimed film Whiplash (2014). He has cited The Wild Bunch (1969) and The French Connection (1971) as influences on the editing of this film, and reunited with writer/director Damien Chazelle on the musical romantic comedy La La Land (2016).
- "Film in 2015 | BAFTA Awards".
- "87th Academy Awards". Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Giardina, Carolyn (November 27, 2014). "'Whiplash': Editing Miles Teller's Drumming, 'French Connection' Inspiration". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "'La la Land' Stars Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone Look Amazing in First Picture from Their New Film — PHOTO".
- "This Oscar Winner Has the Most Supportive Wife Ever".