A virtual zoo is a new concept that uses the
Many of these projects focus on photos of
The first virtual zoo was created in 1994 by Ken Boschert, DVM. Boschert created his site as a way of informing people about animals and how to care for them. His site has been recognized by Education World and "Web 100".
In 2017, Hari Kunduru founded Zoptiks, a modern virtual zoo. Where you can find zoologist backed information about animals and dinosaurs as well as explore them via augmented reality. Similarly, Zoptiks is a zoo directory where you can find zoos, aquariums, wildlife sanctuaries and other zoological organizations around the world.
The validity of virtual zoos has met with some resistance. However, many view virtual zoos as the way of the future for
Virtual Zoo during lockdown
- ^ "World Association of Zoos and Aquariums". WAZA. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- ^  Archived June 7, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Virtual Zoo - Zoo Home". Pioneerschooldistrict.org. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- ^ "The Electronic Zoo". Netvet.wustl.edu. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- ^ "World Association of Zoos and Aquariums - Animal Welfare & Ethics". WAZA. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- ^  Archived May 1, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Animals at Home". www.zoo.org.au. Retrieved 2022-08-24.
Educational Virtual Zoos:
- "The Electronic Zoo"
- Zoobooks, Virtual Zoo
- "The Virtual Zoo"
- "The Wild Ones"
- "Mr. Crean's Virtual Zoo"
Selling Animal Products: