The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (January 2012)
|Original author(s)||Laurent Ribardière|
|Initial release||March 15, 2012|
|Stable release||2.7.0 (April 29, 2019 )|
Mobile application development
|License||Community / Enterprise / Cloud|
Wakanda consists of a stack of tools and technologies:
- Wakanda Server
- Combines an REST API, and security layer management.
- Wakanda Studio
- Is a desktop IDE with editors for designing the data model. It is shaped for Web and Mobile Apps. It provides building functionalities for mobile development (using Apache Cordova).
- Wakanda Client Connector
- Consists of a data provider to communicate with the server and front-end frameworks like AngularJS 1 & 2 and Ionic 1 & 2.
Starting in 2008 with the server, Wakanda was first presented at The Ajax Experience in 2009 and then the same year at JSConf.eu. A private Developer Preview was made accessible in 2010 with a first version of the Wakanda Studio including a Model Designer and a GUI Designer. Wakanda came to public attention in June 2011 with a new Developer Preview, with a second public Developer Preview announced during the "Wakanday - JS.everywhere(Boston, October, 2011)" conference, and the first Beta on December, 15th. Wakanda is available as a Live Release version since March 15, 2012.
First involved in the
In 2016, Wakanda was named Cool Vendor by Gartner.
Wakanda Server supports
Wakanda supports some of the
- "ChangeLogs for wakanda". Retrieved 2022-04-12.
- "Wakanda". PCMag Business Software Index. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "Models: A Relationship Guide for Ajax Developers" (The Ajax Experience 2009)
- Wakanday - JS.everywhere(Boston, October, 2011)
- Wakanda: "Beta is here!"
- 4D Launches Wakanda
- "Wakanda's story". Wakanda Digital App Factory. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Digital App Factory 1.0.0: The countdown is started!". Wakanda Blog. 20 November 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Cool Vendors in Application Development, 2016". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2017-05-12.