Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
A Spider-Man Adventure
|Disney California Adventure|
|Opening date||June 4, 2021|
|Replaced||It's Tough to Be a Bug! (A Bug's Land)|
Single rider line available
|Walt Disney Studios Park|
|Opening date||Summer 2022|
|Replaced||Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux (Backlot)|
|Attraction type||Shooting dark ride|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Riders per vehicle||8|
|Riders per row||4|
|Ride host||Peter Parker|
Must transfer from wheelchair
Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure (stylized as WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure) is an interactive screen ride at Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, California and the Walt Disney Studios Park in Marne-la-Vallée, Île-de-France, France as part of their respective Avengers Campuses.
Guests will join the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (WEB) and Spider-Man. Using WEB's latest invention, the WEB Slinger vehicle, guests will help capture the Spider-Bots that have wreaked havoc on the Avengers Campus. The attraction is a blend of physical sets and virtual environments.
Queue and preshow
Guests enter the main headquarters of WEB, a program funded by Tony Stark to bring the world's youngest engineers together to build innovative technology for the future, as it is hosting an open house. As they enter the main area, they learn more about WEB and the main engineers enlisted in the program (Harley Keener, Onome, Doreen Green, and Lunella Lafayette). They are guided to the lab by the artificial intelligence Sharon, who introduces them to one of the lead WEB engineers, Peter Parker. Peter reveals that the guests will be testing out the new WEB Slinger vehicles that allows them to shoot webs like Spider-Man. As he is explaining this, one of the program's newest inventions, a robotic helper called the Spider-Bot, malfunctions and begins endlessly replicating itself as they tear down the facility. If they are not stopped, they could destroy the rest of Avengers Campus.
Peter insists that Sharon does not need to contact Tony for help. Sharon instead contacts Spider-Man. Instantly, Peter receives a notification on his phone and leaves the room to "find" Spider-Man. He soon returns in his Spider-Man outfit. Sharon offers to contact The Avengers, but Spider-Man instead recruits the guests to help. He and Sharon instruct the guests to use the WEB Slinger vehicles so they can team up to stop the self-replicating Spider-Bots.
After guests enter the vehicle, Spider-Man opens the doors to the WEB prototype garage and instructs them to web up and capture all the loose Spider-Bots as he seals off the exits. The Spider-Bots then enter through the tunnels and into Pym Test Kitchen. One of the Spider-Bots becomes giant after being exposed to Pym Particles, but Spider-Man manages to tie it up with his web and kick it into an area testing alien technology.
Spider-Man and the guests then enter the Collector's Tivan Collection. While battling the Spider-Bots, Spider-Man is captured and placed in one of the Collector's display cases, but manages to escape before he loses consciousness.
As they approach the Quinjet Hangar, Sharon informs the guests that the giant Spider-Bot survived and is now glowing green. Spider-Man noticed that the green bots explode when they are hit, and believes they could trigger a chain reaction if they focus on them. After stopping the Spider-Bots from hijacking the Quinjet, Spider-Man and the guests corner the giant, green Spider-Bot in the back of the hangar and cause it to explode, which destroys the rest of the Spider-Bots in the process. Spider-Man and Sharon thank the guests for their help as the exit the facility.
The advanced tracking technology used in the ride's shooting mechanism to determine the rider's aim was praised. Conversely, there has also been criticism regarding a paid-for optional add-on peripheral for the ride that allegedly improves the rider's abilities.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure at Disney California Adventure.|
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, similar theme attraction at Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Japan
- Iron Man Experience
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!
- Abell, Bailee (December 31, 2020). "Disney Confirms What's Coming to Parks in 2021". insidethemagic.net. Retrieved January 4, 2021.
- "Avengers Campus Opens June 4, 2021". Marvel Entertainment. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- Drake, Scot (March 11, 2020). "Avengers Campus Set to Open July 18, 2020 at Disneyland Resort". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- "New Disney patent hints at "Spider-Man" ride with swinging web for Disneyland Resort – Inside the Magic".
- "Concept art gives first look at Spider-Man attraction coming to Disney California Adventure – Inside the Magic".
- Goldman, Eric (December 8, 2018). "Global Avengers Initiative to Assemble Earth's Mightiest Heroes at Disney Parks Around the World". Marvel.com.
- Tuttle, Brittani (March 11, 2020). "New details shared for Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure at Avengers Campus". attractionsmagazine.com. Retrieved September 18, 2020.
- Ramirez, Michael (March 11, 2020). "Swing into WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Inside Avengers Campus at Disneyland Resort". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- SFGATE, Julie Tremaine (June 5, 2021). "Here's what the new Spider-Man ride at Disneyland is like". SFGATE. Retrieved June 5, 2021.