|Directed by||K Madesh|
|Written by||K. V. Raju (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||K. Madesh|
|Story by||Vamsi Paidipally|
|Produced by||Suresh Gowda|
|Edited by||K. M. Prakash|
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
Sri Seethabaireshwara Productions
|Distributed by||Thoogudeepa Distributions|
Brindavana is a 2013 Indian Kannada romantic comedy film starring Darshan, Karthika Nair (in her first and only Kannada film to date) and Milana Nagaraj and also featuring Saikumar and Sampath Raj. A remake of the 2010 Telugu film Brindavanam, it was directed by K Madesh and produced by Suresh Gowda for Sri Seethabaireshwara Productions. The soundtrack was composed by V. Harikrishna and the cinematography was by Ramesh Babu.
The film was later dubbed into Hindi as Ghayal: The Power Man by Sumeet Arts in 2014.
- Darshan as Krishna
- Karthika Nair as Bhoomi
- Milana Nagaraj as Madhu
- Saikumar as Madhu's Father
- Sampath Raj as Bhoomi's father
- Ajay as Varadha, Bhoomi's cousin
- Jai Jagadish
- Sarath Babu
- Nirosha as Madhu's Mother
- Kuri Prathap
- Prakash Heggodu
- Sadhu Kokila
- Veena Sundar
- Killer Venkatesh
- Bahubali Prabhakar
- Mohan Juneja
- Stunt Siddu
- Ramesh Babu
Principal shooting for Brindavana formally began on 16 February 2013, which happened to be the birthday of lead actor Darshan. Actors Ambarish and V. Ravichandran were the chief guests invited for the launch at the Kanteerava Studios in Bangalore. The film marks the first Kannada production set to shoot in Iceland.
While Darshan and Karthika had the lead roles, the second female lead role was first offered to Vedhika Kumar; Malayalam actress Muktha replaced her in the role, and still later it went to newcomer Milana Nagaraj.
The main story of the film is about two step brothers, played by Saikumar and Sampath Raj. They are rival big shots in their village. Karthika Nair and Milana Nagaraj play cousins of theirs. Karthika Nair stays in the village, but Milana Nagaraj relocates for her studies to the city where Darshan lives. The two meet when he helps her, become friends, and eventually fall in love.
Meanwhile, Karthika Nair's marriage is arranged with some goonda whom she does not want to marry. She asks Milana Nagaraj to help her; she in turn asks Darshan to help. He goes to the village intending to prevent the marriage using tricks. He ends up solving many problems in the village and finally putting an end to the rivalry between Saikumar and Sampath Raj, leading to a happy ending.
Brindavana was released on 26 September in more than 190 theaters; the box office over 50 days was around ₹17 crore. Some other films, including Sakkare, Sweety Nanna Jodi, and Dilwala postponed their release to avoid clashing with it.
The satellite telecast rights were offered up to a price of ₹5.40 crore, making it the second highest-priced Kannada-language film.
25 days celebration
On the 25th day after the film's release there was a grand celebration in Gandhinagar Narthaki theatre (the main theatre of Brindavana). A blood donation camp was held, with Darshan, Milana, director Madesh, and others in attendance. Darshan's fans announced some days before on social networking sites that he would be there; there was such a large crowd that police came to disperse them and blocked all traffic. The theater was damaged; producer Srinivasamurthy paid the resulting costs.
The music was composed by V. Harikrishna and released by D-Beats.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||September 5, 2013|
|2.||"Bellam Belaga"||V. Nagendra Prasad||Shreya Ghoshal, Hemanth||4:54|
|3.||"Mirchi Hudugi"||Kaviraj||Santhosh Venky||4:26|
|4.||"Oye Kalla"||Yogaraj Bhat||Upendra Rao, Priyadarshini, Indu Nagaraj||4:24|
|5.||"Thangali"||V. Nagendra Prasad||Karthik, Shankar Mahadevan, Hemanth, Kailash Kher||4:05|
- "Kannada movie 'Brindavana' is a remake of Telugu film 'Brindavanam'". IndiaGlitz. 29 January 2013. Archived from the original on 19 June 2013 – via IBN Live.
- "Major Schedule for 'Brindavana'". Indiaglitz. 9 March 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Brindavana launched". Sify. 19 February 2013. Archived from the original on 24 February 2013.
- "Karthika and Vedhika in Darshan's Brindavana". Telugu Now. 25 January 2013. Archived from the original on 4 September 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- A Sharadhaa (11 February 2013). "Muktha replaces Vedhika in Brindavana". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Muktha opposite Dharshan in Brindavana!". India Everyday. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Milana Replaces Muktha in 'Brindavana'". Supergoodmovies.com. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Darshan phobia!". Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Brindavana Offered Rs 5 Crore - Exclusive - chitraloka.com - Kannada Movie News, Reviews - Image". www.chitraloka.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Darshan celebrates Brindavana's 25 day-run at Narthaki Theater". Chakpak. Archived from the original on 23 October 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "'Brindavana' 25 Darshan Grace". IndiaGlitz. Archived from the original on 13 November 2013.