Entrepreneur is an American magazine and
Every year since 1979, Entrepreneur has published a list of its top 500 franchise companies. The magazine also published many other lists and awards, one of the most prominent being the Entrepreneur 360 formed to identify businesses mastering the art and science of growing a business. Companies are evaluated based on the analysis of 50-plus data points organized into five pillars: Revenue and Customers, Management Efficiency, Innovation, Financial Evaluation, and Business Valuation.
In 1996, the magazine launched its website, Entrepreneur.com, which expanded to include features, contests, and other publications and
It is recognised as one of America's leading business publications, competing with the likes of Forbes Magazine, Fortune, and Fast Company.
The Franchise 500 is an annual list compiled and published by Entrepreneur that ranks 500 of the most prominent American franchising companies through a submission and review process. The Franchise 500 first began in 1979 and has been published every year since.
Entrepreneur publishes the Entrepreneur StartUps magazine, available through subscription and on newsstands.
The magazine publishes a blog managed by a dedicated online staff. It is also published in digital editions through its mobile apps.
In 1999, the website YoungEntrepreneur.com was created as a spin-off of Entrepreneur.com. It is an online forum for young entrepreneurs.
In 2010, Entrepreneur launched the website SecondAct.com, which is targeted towards an older audience. When launched, the site used advertising as its sole source of revenue.
Entrepreneur also publishes books through its Entrepreneur Press division. The company has a backlist of over 200 titles on business and entrepreneurship.
Masters of Scale
In April 2017, Reid Hoffman announced the launch of a new podcast called "Masters of Scale," with Entrepreneur magazine as its media partner. In each episode, Reid acts as the host, introducing a counterintuitive business theory and proving it out through the episode through a series of conversations with successful entrepreneurs. Masters of Scale is committed to a 50-50 gender balance.
The official podcast launched on 5 May 2017, and was featured on the
In 2006, unusual web traffic measurements led to allegations that Entrepreneur.com used pop-ups to artificially boost its number of readers.
The company has been involved in many lawsuits regarding its
- ^ "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. July 22, 2020. Archived from the original on July 22, 2020. Retrieved July 27, 2020.
- ^ "Entrepreneurship Education Chronology". Saint Louis University. Archived from the original on September 19, 2015. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- ^ Todd A. Finkle; David Deeds. "Trends in the Market for Entrepreneurship Faculty, 1989–1998". Journal of Business Venturing. 16.
- ^ "Contact Us". Entrepreneur. Archived from the original on January 2, 2010. Retrieved December 10, 2009.
- ^ "About us". Entrepreneur Magazine Online, South Africa. 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-03-24.
- ^ a b "About the Franchise 500®". Entrepreneur. 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-04-10.
- ^ "The Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America".
- ^ "Entrepreneur Media Kit. About us". Entrepreneur. 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02.
- ^ "Entrepreneur Startups Magazine". Entrepreneur. Archived from the original on 15 June 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- ^ http://blog.entrepreneur.com Archived 2010-07-22 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Entrepreneur Digital Editions and Apps". Archived from the original on 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- ^ "About". Young Entrepreneur. Archived from the original on 2013-04-20. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- ^ Fell, Jason (January 1, 2010). "Entrepreneur Magazine To Take on AARP with New Web Site". Archived from the original on November 20, 2012.
- ^ "Entrepreneur Press - Start, Run & Grow Your Business". entrepreneur.com. Archived from the original on 16 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- ^ "Best 36 Effective Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs You Must Read 2020". vizaca. 2020-05-26. Retrieved 2020-11-11.
- ^ Edmonston, Peter. (December 11, 2006). "In Web Traffic Tallies, Intruders Can Say You Visited Them Archived 2016-12-28 at the Wayback Machine." The New York Times.
- ^ Bryan Wassel (October 30, 2007). "Entrepreneur Media Tangles again with Scott Smith--Another Chapter in a Long Relationship Archived 2013-12-07 at the Wayback Machine". MIN online.
- ^ Barrett, P. M. (May 19, 2011). "Entrepreneur, the magazine that sues entrepreneurs Archived 2013-03-31 at the Wayback Machine." Business Week.