New Zealand Plant Conservation Network
The New Zealand Plant Conservation Network (NZPCN) is a
The Network was founded in 2003 and has a worldwide membership.
The Network has a vision that "no indigenous species of plant will become extinct nor be placed at risk of extinction as a result of human action or indifference, and that the rich, diverse and unique plant life of New Zealand will be recognised, cherished and restored".
The Network works to disseminate indigenous plant information via its website and publications; coordinate the ex-situ management of threatened plant species; deliver plant conservation training programmes; and undertake activities to protect threatened plant species and
Since the Network was founded it has built a plant conservation website that stores information about all indigenous and naturalised plants in New Zealand, established a national
The Network publishes Trilepidea, their monthly newsletter, and has published checklists of New Zealand indigenous vascular plants and naturalised plants. Plant conservation awards are given annually by the Network.
- ^ OCLC 59353104.
- ^ "Home | New Zealand Plant Conservation Network". www.nzpcn.org.nz. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- ^ "NZ Plant Conservation Network Database". www.wildlife.org.nz. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- ^ OCLC 876466841.
- ^ Foxcroft, Debrin (22 March 2018). "Seed collection efforts an insurance policy for native plants". Stuff. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- ^ "Publications | New Zealand Plant Conservation Network". www.nzpcn.org.nz. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- OCLC 174050567.
- ^ Ltd, Interspeed Web Solutions. "Nominations Open for Native Plant Awards - NZ Landcare Trust". www.landcare.org.nz. Retrieved 7 October 2018.