This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Mitch Metcalf (born c. 1966) is an American television analyst and former scheduling executive for NBC. He studied politics and economics at Princeton University. He worked for Frank N. Magid Associates and Research Communications before joining ABC in 1990. The network promoted him to director of West Coast research in January 1995, and later senior vice president of research. NBC hired Metcalf in September 1999 as senior vice president of program research on the West Coast. He became program planning and scheduling chief in November 2000.
Metcalf was promoted to executive vice president of programming planning and scheduling in 2005. He left the company in March 2011 after Robert Greenblatt became NBC chairman. Later that year, together with Mitch Salem, he cofounded the website Showbuzz Daily, dedicated to box office and television ratings analysis. The website briefly went defunct on June 7, 2021 due to "technical issues" and losing access to Nielsen ratings after May 13. On August 16, 2021, Metcalf reported that the site was back up and running and would be able to post ratings again, with some few changes.
- de Moraes, Lisa (July 19, 2001). "Peacock Poppycock? NBC's Questionable Age Argument". The Washington Post. Pasadena, California (published July 20, 2001). p. C7. ProQuest 1962430940.
- Metcalf, Mitch; Salem, Mitch. "About Us". Showbuzz Daily. Archived from the original on September 9, 2020.
- "People on the Move". The Hollywood Reporter. Vol. 335, no. 22. January 3, 1995. p. 67. ProQuest 2393606948.
- Rice, Lynette (September 2, 1999). "ABC research's Metcalf to NBC". The Hollywood Reporter. Vol. 359, no. 20. pp. 3, 22. ProQuest 2469286977.
- Schneider, Michael (November 27, 2000). "Peacock fits Metcalf into schedule". Variety. Vol. 381, no. 2. Hollywood, California. p. 61. ProQuest 1438552738.
- James, Meg (March 4, 2011). "NBC scheduling chief Mitch Metcalf steps down". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on March 8, 2011.
- Weisman, Jon (March 4, 2011). "Mitch Metcalf ankles NBC". Variety. Archived from the original on June 9, 2015.
- Gardner, Andrea (December 23, 2014). "Angelenos poised to make the Yule Log a ratings leader on Christmas". Southern California Public Radio. Archived from the original on June 9, 2015.
- Weisman, Jon (April 7, 2011). "Former NBC exec Metcalf co-launches Showbuzz Daily". Variety. Archived from the original on April 29, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch [@ShowbuzzDaily] (June 7, 2021). "A sad final update: in addition to our ongoing technical issues, we've lost access to the ratings we'd been able to provide on showbuzzdaily.com. Therefore, we're sorry to say that the site is officially done. (For those who are wondering, the situations were unrelated.)" (Tweet). Retrieved June 7, 2021 – via Twitter.
- Terror, Jude (June 7, 2021). "So Long, Showbuzz Daily, and Goodbye Public Cable Ratings Charts". Bleeding Cool.
- Metcalf, Mitch; Salem, Mitch (August 16, 2021). "We're As Surprised As You Are". Showbuzz Daily.
- Official website of Showbuzz Daily