Hungama Digital Media Entertainment
|Founded||April 1, 1999|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Hungama Digital Media is an Indian digital entertainment company, headquartered in Mumbai. The company was first launched in 1999 by Ashish Kacholia, Hiren Ved, Lashit Sanghvi, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, and Neeraj Roy as an online promotions agency. The company has since grown to also serve as an aggregator, developer, publisher, and distributor of Bollywood and Asian entertainment.
The company first launched in 1999 as "Hungama.com", a promotional marketing portal. In 2000 the company acquired Indiafm and in the following years began to work marketing campaigns for companies such as Coca-Cola and Nike. In 2007 Hungama launched their gaming portal and in 2009, the company re-launched their website and company name, changing it to Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. In 2012 Hungama Digital Media Entertainment launched Artist Aloud!, a digital platform for artists and independent music fans. It won a gold award for Best Digital Communications Campaign from the Promotion Marketing Awards of Asia (2009).
- Bollywood Hungama, a Bollywood entertainment website
- Hungama TV, an Indian children's television channel
- Sen, Swagata (25 June 2009). "Hungama Digital Media bags Meffy for 'Tata Sky Active Mall' service". India Today. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Bagchi, Subroto (13 July 2009). "Value before Valuation". Forbes India. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Farooqui, Javed (29 January 2021). "Hungama Digital Media FY20 net loss widens due to increased content cost". Exchange4media. Retrieved 4 April 2022.
- Jha, Sneha. "Cloud Platform Helped Hungama Digital Media Lower Its Cost By 50 Percent". CIO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2017. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Artist aloud!". The New Indian Express. 7 January 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Best Digital Communications Campaign" (PDF). Promotion Marketing Awards of Asia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2014.