Mole-rat or mole rat can refer to several groups of burrowing Old World rodents:
- hystricognathspecies in six genera from Africa also called blesmols.
- Heterocephalus glaber, the naked mole-rat.
- muroidspecies in six genera from Eurasia and northeast Africa, including:
- Tachyoryctes, a genus of about 15 species from Africa;
- Blind mole rats (Spalacinae), a subfamily of about 15 living species in the genus Spalaxfrom southeastern Europe, southwestern Asia, and northeastern Africa;
- Zokors(Myospalacinae), occasionally called mole-rats, about eight species from central and eastern Asia.
- In the family Muridae:
- Nesokia indicafrom southern and southwestern Asia and Egypt, also known as the short-tailed mole-rat.
- Bandicota bengalensisfrom southern Asia, also known as the Indian mole-rat.