RubyMotion is an IDE of the
OS X and Android. RubyMotion is a commercial product created by Laurent Sansonetti for HipByte and is based on MacRuby for OS X. RubyMotion adapted and extended MacRuby to work on platforms beyond OS X.
RubyMotion apps execute in an iOS simulator alongside a
RubyMotion projects can be developed with any text editor. The
RubyMine IDE provides support for the RubyMotion toolchain, such as code-completion and visual debugging.
Examples of applications built in RubyMotion include
- mruby - another minimal Ruby implementation, targeted at embedded devices, that could be compiled to native code
- RubyMotion - About. RubyMotion.com. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- Exclusive: building native iOS apps with RubyMotion. ArsTechnica.com. Published 2012-05-03. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- Getting Started with RubyMotion. jetbrains.com.
- RubyMotion Goes 2.0 And Gets OS X Support, Templates and Plugins. RubyMotion.com. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- Announcing RubyMotion 3.0: Android Platform, WatchKit Apps, and More. RubyMotion.com. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Why I loved building Basecamp for iPhone in RubyMotion. 37signals.com. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- RubyMotion Success Story: Bandcamp. The RubyMotion Blog. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- RubyMotion Success Story: A Dark Room. The RubyMotion Blog. Retrieved 2014-12-13.