Talk:Animal Diversity Web
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Wiki Education Foundation-supported course assignment
Above undated message substituted from
Expansion of the ADW Wikipage
I will be adding information to the Animal Diversity Web WikiPage. I plan to discuss the the vast variety of animal collections this website has to offer. I could also extend on the purpose for the creation of the website. This would include the simplistic definition of animal diversity. Things such as the mission statement and a detailed description of the different collections they have on animaldiversity.org would be helpful additions. Numerical figures pulled from ADW would help exemplify the size and resourcefulness of the site. There should be mention of the different resources that are linked within the websites to potentially extend your Animal Diversity Web webpages experience.
Potential Resources: animaldiversity.org, itunes.apple.com/us/app/adw-pocket-guide/id916179421?mt=8, Animal Diversity Natural History and Conservation Vol. 4, Animals That Can Change Color (Animal Diversity), Animals and ICE: meaning, origin, and diversity.,Rapid Diversity Loss of Competing Animal Species in Well-Connected Landscapes., Open questions: Tackling Darwin's "instincts": the genetic basis of behavioral evolution.
Suggestions on resources are welcome!
Jackson Francis (talk) 03:32, 28 October 2017 (UTC)Jackson_Francis
- @secondary sources. If any Wikipedia article looks too much like it could be found on an official website, or if it goes too deep into usage and features, it's probably too promotional. See also Wikipedia:Notability (web). To me it's not quite established that ADW is notable: the single news write up is from the University of Michigan, which also hosts the site, and thus is not independent of the subject. Cheers. --Animalparty! (talk) 00:47, 2 November 2017 (UTC)]
Emscott's peer review
What looks good: You have a good basis for this article and good lead section. You give a straight forward answer to what the ADW is and who created it.
What to expand on: Perhaps you can add background section on the author? In addition, ways that the AWD has changed since it's creation and if it is still an effective database today. A few more sources are needed to add more authenticity as well. Emscott3 (talk) 03:00, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
- C-Class Molecular Biology articles
- Unknown-importance Molecular Biology articles
- C-Class Computational Biology articles
- Mid-importance Computational Biology articles
- WikiProject Computational Biology articles
- All WikiProject Molecular Biology articles
- C-Class Biology articles
- Mid-importance Biology articles
- WikiProject Biology articles
- C-Class animal articles
- Mid-importance animal articles
- WikiProject Animals articles
- C-Class Environment articles
- Mid-importance Environment articles