|Born||7 May 1982|
Seoul, South Korea
|Genres||New-age, contemporary jazz, ballad, folk|
Jung Jae-il (Korean: 정재일; born 7 May 1982) is a South Korean music composer. He notably composed the score of Award-winning movies Okja and Parasite, both directed by Bong Joon-ho, as well as the score of the television series Squid Game.
He was three when he first sat on a piano, played the guitar at nine, and at age 13, he posted an ad on a music magazine "to find bass drums and vocals to do a style of music that is similar to the British heavy metalband Carcass." He graduated from Seoul Jazz Academy. He debuted as part of the band gigs in November of 1999. He also was a member of band Puri in their second album in 2007.
|2014||Sea Fog||Shim Sung-bo||Next Entertainment World|
|2017||Okja||Bong Joon-ho||Netflix (International), Next Entertainment World (South Korea)|
|2019||Parasite||Bong Joon-ho||Barunson E&A|
|2021||Squid Game||Hwang Dong-hyuk||Netflix|
- "정재일" (in Korean). Cine21. Retrieved 2021-09-28.
- "정재일 음악감독, "잘 들리지 않는 저음으로 압박감을 나타낸다든가…"" (in Korean). Cine21. Retrieved 2021-09-28.
- "'오징어게임'의 천재 음악가…드디어 세상이 그를 알아줄까 [스밍]". Chosun Ilbo. 2021-09-29.
- "긱스". melon.
- Aiyumi. "Jeong Jae Il". Nautiljon. Retrieved 14 February 2021.
- "Neo-Sound Of Korea". melon.
- "'기생충' '오징어게임' 정재일 "이래서 천재라는구나"" (in Korean). Financial news. Retrieved 2021-09-28.